Terms and Conditions – General
· Only dogs considered to be well socialised, who enjoy the company of other dogs and people, are suitable for joining Michelle’s Pet Services.
· Please note that not all dogs are suitable.
· All dogs will be interviewed along with their owners.
· Dogs with behaviour or aggression issues will not be accepted.
· All dogs accepted must have an up-to-date vaccination certificate.
· All dogs accepted require to be wormed and de-ﬂead regularly.
· All services are payable in advance unless otherwise agreed at time of booking.
· Michelle’s Pet Services reserves the right to refuse, or terminate the contract of any dog or owner who displays aggressive, destructive or unreasonable behaviour.
· All dogs in our care wear our I.D. tag which is supplied by Michelle’s Pet Services.
· Puppies who have had all their vaccinations are welcome – please discuss this with your vet.
· All prices (full details of which are available on our website) will have VAT applied at the applicable rate.
· Cancellation policy -Day Care, Walks and Pop-ins - Any service cancelled within 24hrs of the start date will still be liable to the full charge as staff will already have been booked to cover your service. Home Boarding - Over 2 weeks – No Fee due, from 48hrs to 2 weeks – 25% payable, Under 48hrs – full payment required.
· Whilst we will treat your pet as if it were our own, Michelle’s Pet Services will not accept responsibility for the death, injury or illness of your dog. You are strongly advised to insure your pet for all eventualities.
· Michelle’s Pet Services will require your vet details and your permission in writing to have your pet treated if necessary (we will always endeavour to contact the owner first should the need ever arise).
Terms and Conditions – Dog Walking
· Written consent is required if you would like your dog to be walked off the lead.
· Where necessary, a key will be retained by Michelle’s Pet Services to collect/return your dog(s). This will be held in a locked key safe with no address attached to it.
· Your dog(s) will be walked along with other carefully selected dogs unless a lone walk (available at an extra cost) has been agreed.
· Michelle’s Pet Services will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk if necessary because of extreme weather conditions (i.e., heat, thunder storms etc.) for the safety of both the dogs and the walker.
· Michelle’s Pet Services reserve the right to cancel a walk if your dog is found to be too ill to walk or would in some way suffer from being taken out. The full booking charge would still be payable under these circumstances.
Terms and Conditions – Doggy Day Care
· Female dogs who come into season will not be able to attend Doggy Day Care for the duration of their season (2 – 3 weeks).
· Any dog who shows signs of any contagious illness will be refused admission at the door. If no signs are visible initially but show later in the day, Michelle’s Pet Services will phone you and ask you to collect your dog(s) immediately. Should you not be available we will immediately place your dog into quarantine until you are able to collect it. In any of the above cases the daily charge will still be payable.
· If your dog attacks or shows aggression to another dog they will be removed from the group for everyone’s safety.
Terms and Conditions – Home Boarding
· Female dogs who come into season will not be able to Home Board for the duration of their season (2 – 3 weeks). Should they come into season during their stay we will try and place them with your emergency contact. Should this not be possible we will have to place them in isolation and exercise them separately. This extra work will unfortunately incur an extra charge.
· By Home Boarding your dog(s) with Michelle’s Pet Services you accept that they will be in a home environment along with our own dogs (currently a Bull Mastiff, a Bull Mastiff/Boxer cross and 2 little Chihuahuas!.
· We would like your dog(s) to be with us by 10am on their first day of Boarding. This gives them a chance to settle in and engage in the full day’s activity designed to tire them out and allow them a settled first night.
· An overnight stay ends at 10am the following morning. We are more than happy to keep your dog(s) longer in the day but this will require the additional Doggy Day Care service to be booked.
· We will require enough food for the duration of their stay and also a bed they are comfortable with. Food bowls or toys are not required. Should your dog require more food during their stay we will purchase more for them and add it to your bill.
· Please remember your dog(s) is (are) likely to eat more food than normal as they will be very likely to be much more active than usual.
· Payment – 25% of the total booking fee is payable at the time of booking. The remainder of the fee is payable 7 days before the first day of the booking by cleared funds (no cheques please).
· Cancellation policy - Due to staffing costs and lost income we have to have a cancellation policy, Over 2 weeks – No Fee due, from 48hrs to 2 weeks – 25% payable, Under 48hrs – full payment required.
· Early return – As we will have already made provision for booking we will be unable to offer any refunds for early return for whatever reason. We will of course provide details for insurance purposes if required.
Terms and Conditions – Home Visits (Feeding)
· The client must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the client's absence. (i.e., food, medication, cat litter etc.)
· Michelle’s Pet Services will properly dispose of your pet(s) waste. For cat litter trays we do request that you provide all necessary items such as scooper, cat litter and plastic bags and indicate where you would like these waste bags disposed of. The same for any other home based animal. For dog walking we will properly dispose of pet waste at our own facility and we will provide waste bags for this.
· In the event that additional items need to be purchased in the absence of the client – i.e. pet food, litter, cleaning supplies or other necessary items that contribute to the health and wellbeing of your pet, Michelle’s Pet Services will purchase these, retain a receipt and the pet owner is responsible for reimbursement of these items on their return
· Michelle’s Pet Services does not accept liability for other persons who will be in your home prior to, during or immediately after our services have been rendered.
· Please inform us at the time of consultation of anyone who may have access to your home while you are away. This includes cleaning services, maintenance personnel, friends, family and neighbours.
· It is understood that the client will notify anyone with access to the home that the services of Michelle’s Pet Services have been engaged.
· Early return – As we will already have engaged the services of a member of staff to complete your booking we will be unable to offer any refunds for early return for whatever reason. We will of course provide details for insurance purposes if required.